METHOD OF SELECTION: The State Director will screen all entries received for appropriateness and eligibility. All qualified entries will be reviewed during the Fall Leadership Conference and through social media channels. Students and teachers may not campaign for votes towards any particular design (online or in person) but may promote general voting. Depending on the number of entries, a preliminary round of voting may occur to narrow the field and select finalist designs. The State Director will verify the results and notify the winning student and instructor.
ELIGIBLE DESIGNS: Eligible designs will meet the following criteria:
- Maintain branding standards of SkillsUSA: Designs that violate these standards may be disqualified. Please review the standards at skillsusabrandcenter.org
- Meet the requirements outlined above: Designs that do not meet these standards, such as exceeding color limits or size requirements may be disqualified.
- Include the words “SkillsUSA” and “Florida,” as well as additional wording requirements as outlined.
- Submitted electronically and created using professional design software, such as Adobe products. Any professional software may be used, provided it can create the necessary vector files and pdf files.
- Submitted in the proper format
- 1 page only, 8.5” x 11”
- No identifying marks or writing, such as name, school, region, etc
- High resolution .pdf file named “[LAST NAME].[SCHOOL].pdf”
OTHER CONTESTS: The Branding Contest is a separate contest and does not conflict with the Pin Design Contest, the T-Shirt Design Contest, or any other SkillsUSA Championships event at the Regional, State, and National levels. Students are permitted to enter the Branding Contest, as well as an additional contest during the SkillsUSA Championships. Designs submitted for the branding contest may be used for the Regional, State, and National events, provided it meets all other criteria outlined by the contest.
AWARDS: First place winner will be provided complimentary registration to the State Leadership and Skills Conference and will be recognized during the Opening Ceremony.
COMPENSATION: By submitting a design, you agree that all entries become the property of SkillsUSA Florida, and the designer relinquishes any and all rights to compensation for the use of the design(s). Submitted designs may be used by SkillsUSA Florida for any purpose at any time.
USE OF DESIGNS: The first-place design will be featured at the 2022 SkillsUSA Florida State Leadership and Skills Conference in Jacksonville, FL, and at the 2022 National Skills and Leadership Conference in Atlanta, GA. SkillsUSA Florida reserves the right to adjust or make alterations to any artwork that is submitted. If in-person events are not possible, the design will be used during the corresponding virtual events. Participation in the contest does not guarantee a minimum level of use or exposure.
ACCOMPANYING FILES: A submission is one digital standard (8.5” x 11”) page with all four designs in high quality .pdf format. Submissions are not accepted by email and must be uploaded by the deadline using the online form at https://form.jotform.com/212144300360033. The winning submission will be required to submit vector (.eps or .ai) images of all artwork, fonts, backgrounds, and other necessary files within one week of selection. Specific instructions for submitting additional files will be provided to the winning student and their advisor.